Getting your motivation going


 

Let's face it, there are times when we all lose our motivation and it can be difficult to focus on what we need to do. It's perfectly natural.

Take 5 minutes out to look at your To Do List - spend time prioritising activities. Then focus hard on those activities that you have identified as most important.

For each of these activities make a note against them reminding yourself why they are important. Then write a second note that identifies the impact of the activity not happening very soon.

When I do this I find that my motivation kicks in again - to be fair it's probably fear - but it certainly works for me.

I found this great article on 'How to Motivate Yourself' on the Lifehack.org website. Scott H Young explains 'How to Motivate Yourself: 13 Simple Ways to Try Now'.

Now there's no excuse not to get on with things - you know it makes sense!


Find out more about Learning Perspectives







Comments